COVID VISIT INFORMATION
COVID-19 has presented unprecedented challenges for our communities, both globally and within Canada. In order to deliver a safe overall Ziptrek experience we have implemented several changes to our typical operating procedures.
As such, it will look slightly different at Ziptrek as we follow the physical distancing and health and safety guidelines laid out by the relevant Health Authorities. Main categories are covered off here, but please see our FAQs for more information in relation to our operation, or feel free to contact us directly.
NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES TO BE NOTED
- Employees will complete health screening before starting their shift to ensure they are in good health.
- Employees will be wearing PPE including face shields, masks and gloves during the tour for your safety and will have sanitizer available. Where possible our employees will be working behind plexiglass barriers.
- All guest equipment will undergo cleaning after each use, and remain out of use for the remainder of the day (ensuring single guest use per day).
- Enhanced sanitation protocols at all key touchpoints, along with sanitizer being made available where appropriate.
- Guests will be required to travel with their own bubble while on tour and to remain physically distant from other bubbles. Your bubble is your family or the group you travelled to Tremblant with.
- Guests will be provided with individual face masks, but may also bring their own. Face masks will be mandatory when interacting with our employees and if you come across other groups. But you are welcome to remove your mask safely as you move through the rest of the tour with your own group.
- We have added some COVID-19 specific content into our Release of Liability Waiver that must be accepted in order to participate. If any guest cannot indicate agreement to the statement they will not be allowed to participate and will receive a full refund.
GUIDELINES BEFORE ARRIVAL / GENERAL PROCEDURE
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at our facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come to our facility.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to our facility.
- For details on the symptoms, visit https://covid19.quebec.ca/surveys/cdd2/introduction?language=en-ca
- Please practice social distancing at all times (6ft apart from each other) NO handshaking, NO hugging, NO Hi-Fiving, etc.
- Please bring your own water, as we will not be able to provide any on course. Your water bottle must be able to be secured to your harness with a carabiner. We will provide the carabiner. If your water bottle is not suitable, you will not be allowed to bring it.
- Use the restrooms in the cafe johannsen before heading out on tour, there are no washroom facilities available on course
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT
For a detailed explanation of what to expect when you visit, please watch this video: (coming soon!)
The easiest and fastest way to make a reservation is online. As a bonus, this method is completely contact free and social distancing is guaranteed. You may also call us by dialing 1-888-ZIPTREK (947-8735).
Your reservation will be for a specific time slot, noted ON your Booking Confirmation, but should be the same time slot you chose when booking the tour. We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your time to ensure check-in procedures can take place, and the tour departs on time.
Think of your tour experience like checking in for a flight. Certain steps must be completed before you show up. In order to check-in for your tour, you will need to have completed your digital waiver.
Therefore, signing your digital waiver in advance is mandatory (links provided in confirmation emails sent). This greatly reduces check-in time and also reduces the number of physical interactions required.
Check-in for your tour occurs at our our Guest Services space at the Adventure Centre which is located in Mont Tremblant Pedestrian Village, across from the Gondola. For a visual you can visit our Find Us page.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time.
When you arrive to check-in for your tour, a member of our team will verify that you have completed your waiver form and the check in process. If you have not completed your waiver form you will be directed to do so.
Once verified, you will be given a mask which you must wear when you interact with our staff on tour. You are encouraged to bring your own mask.
A self-harnessing procedure has been established to limit contact, but there will be both instructional signage and staff to assist.
Our outfitting guide will ensure each guest’s harness is correctly fitted prior to your departure. Guests who are struggling will be offered additional assistance.
- Remember to please use a restroom before heading out on tour, as there are no washroom facilities available on course, nor water stations.
- We will be offering very limited storage for guest belongings and cannot guarantee availability of storage space. For this reason, please leave all large items behind. We recommend only bringing a cell phone or camera with you on tour so you can capture the experience.
Once your tour is completed you will de-harness back at the base of mountain in the main village, and can proceed to your next planned destination.